Monday, March 28, 2011

Easter goodies

Here in Ottawa we are all pining for crocuses, daffodils and tulips. While the temperatures outside may not be spring-like yet, Easter reminds us that spring is indeed here.

I will be putting up a price list for Easter shortly but just to get you thinking about Easter treats, here are some of the recipes I plan to offer:

  • Lemon Puff Pie
  • Key Lime Pie
  • Acadian Sugar Pie
  • Shoefly Pie
  • Butter tarts
  • Old Fashioned Lemon Squares
  • Seafoam Chews
  • Caramel Toffee Squares
  • Paska (Mennonite Easter Bread)
  • Rolo cookies
  • Homemade Easter Cream Eggs
In a cruel twist of fate, the Sugarplum Fairy has discovered that she is gluten intolerant. Rather than crying myself to sleep each night, I've decided to embrace this as a learning opportunity and work out some really good gluten-free recipes. As such, I'm able to offer the following recipes as gluten-free:
  • Butter tarts
  • Old Fashioned Lemon Squares
  • Homemade Easter Cream Eggs
  • Key Lime Pie
  • Acadian Sugar Pie
Please note however that I still do bake recipes in my kitchen with regular flour which means that my mixers and pans do come in contact with wheat flour.

No comments: